Tuesday, August 2, 2011

If you look hard enough, there's a silver lining.

I woke up this morning to see James sitting beside me, covered in chocolate. It's not weird to wake up to James (although it's usually Sophie), it was the "covered in chocolate" part that got me. I couldn't think of where he'd gotten chocolate from. I asked him, and he very helpfully said "there!" while pointing vaguely towards...nowhere, really, just kind of away from himself. Then Sophie came in, and I asked her. She held up what looked like a Tim Horton's cup, but that didn't make sense. Why would chocolate be in a Tim Horton's cup? My husband was meeting a friend for breakfast, but even if they'd gone there, the cup would have coffee, not chocolate...I was getting nowhere. Then I put my glasses on and realized it wasn't a Tim Horton's cup, it was the can of icing leftover from her birthday cake. Of course. At least it wasn't poop.

I went upstairs and found more fun had been happening. Brown sugar was dumped on the floor in the baby's room. Silver lining: it WASN'T dumped all over the baby's bed! I could just sweep it up! If you must have a mess, choose the dry, sweep-able mess.

A bit later, while closing all the windows in an attempt to keep all the heat out of our non-air-conditioned house, I stepped in something grainy beside my son's bed. What is: an entire box of salt dumped all over the bed, some clothes and a number of stuffed animals, Alex?

Only an hour until naptime, people, and then maybe I can get some laundry done...what laundry? oh, nothing important, just the blankets from one bed that were peed on and blankets from another bed that have poop on them because someone decided he didn't want to wear his diaper but he REALLY wanted to sit everywhere with poop on his bum.

Silver lining:..............I'm working on it.............any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment